The Author

My photo
I am a high school English teacher, and mother of two charming little ones of my own. I teach in a high poverty urban charter school, while I live in a typical American suburb that has frequently been rated one of the safest cities in the country. It is a paradox I struggle with constantly, but it is my life.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Can't do this much longer

I am having an emotional breakdown. I can't handle this. I have been working approximately 18 hours a day for the past 8 days without a break and I am starting to lose my mind. I have papers, papers, papers, papers still to grade, and grades are due tomorrow. I want to do right by my students and get them all in, but I am so tired, I feel like I am going to start just crying spontaneously any second...

My computer crashed tonight. I think it is beyond repair. I fortunately have most of the files (photos and music and docs) on an external hard drive now, but I need to be able to use that computer. I am fairly certain it isn't worth fixing. It would probably cost its worth to fix. It will not even turn on, not even in safe mode.  :-(   And it happened to me tonight in the middle of entering grades.

My honors kids are my heart and soul, and they are working on a very special paper right now that I need to review for a contest they are entering. I am splitting them with their history teacher, so I only have to read half, but it is still a lot, to really provide enough feedback for it to really help them.

Bleh... if it wasn't more work to do sub plans than show up to teach, I'd be calling in sick some time this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment