The Author

My photo
I am a high school English teacher, and mother of two charming little ones of my own. I teach in a high poverty urban charter school, while I live in a typical American suburb that has frequently been rated one of the safest cities in the country. It is a paradox I struggle with constantly, but it is my life.

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Thank God I Didn't Give Up Chocolate ;-)

So, some of you are apparently still reading my blog even though I am not posting on Facebook, because my stats say I still have pageviews. Woo hoo!

I am kind of hating this giving up Facebook thing. It is making me feel very isolated. I don't normally feel alone in life, even when I am actually not spending a lot of time with people, but without Facebook during times like this, I do feel very alone. Thank God Tracy text me yesterday. Our short text exchange was like the only contact I had with a person other than my children. This may not be healthy. I am not sure if I can keep this up until Easter. Eek.

I also don't really know what to do with myself without Facebook, which is almost frightening. I finally got down to working on my homework this afternoon, but last night I pretty much went to bed right after I put Vinny to bed, because I just didn't feel like watching anything on TV and didn't want to do homework.

At least I finally got around to my homework today, and the best benefit of not having the distraction of clicking back and forth between the Facebook window and my school work is that I actually do focus a lot better on my schoolwork. I am almost done with writing my midterm for one class, which I desperately want to finish by the end of the week so I can start working on the midterm for the other class, since they are both due the same day.

Marc is home from Winter camp, and it sounds like they all had a wonderful time. Marc apparently bought a surfboard rack on Craigslist last week. Technically, he didn't buy something new, but we were supposed to not be buying anything we don't need this year. Does Marc need a surfboard rack?  No. Marc doesn't own a surfboard.  Right....  

But, he's a good husband. I've been listening to Maui's Native 92.5, my favorite radio station, to keep my spirits up while working on my homework, and it made me crave Hula Cookies and Ice Cream. So Marc went to the store for Double Chocolate Chunk cookie mix and coffee ice cream. Yea!!!!

Vinny was much better behaved today than yesterday. It was actually a very pleasant day. I am loving this weather. I did my homework outside for like two hours and got a TON done. I forgot how much better I work in the sunlight.  :-)

Sigh.... someone post the link to this on my wall. I feel disconnected. Text me people.

No comments:

Post a Comment