The Author

My photo
I am a high school English teacher, and mother of two charming little ones of my own. I teach in a high poverty urban charter school, while I live in a typical American suburb that has frequently been rated one of the safest cities in the country. It is a paradox I struggle with constantly, but it is my life.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

2 months

Today was Tiana's 2 month appointment. I thought she seemed bigger than Vinny was at that age, but I just looked it up in Vinny's book, and she is actually like the exact same size as Vinny was at that age. Funny, huh? She is 10 lbs 4 oz, 21 inches. She's my cutie baby.

She got 3 shots today. I don't even really know which ones to be honest. They told me, but I forgot. She had the same reaction as Vinny too. 4 years ago, when Vinny was 2 months old, I spent all night crying and pacing because he had a fever and was miserable and cried if I stopped rocking him. Tiana is just as miserable, but as you might have guessed, I am not crying or pacing this time. Things have gotten easier with the second one, knowing what is going on. Now Marc and I are just taking turns stroking her and rocking her to keep her comfy. Poor baby. Hopefully she sleeps tonight. Although she has been mostly getting a 4-5 hour stretch, she woke up every 2 hours last night, so I was hoping for some good sleep tonight.

I finally got a swing that works for Tiana too. We've had terrible luck with this. We had a great one that we got second hand when Vinny was little, but we loaned it to our church after he stopped using it and it disappeared, so we never got it back and didn't have it for Tiana. I registered for one, but we didn't get it as a gift, so we got one at a garage sale. It didn't work. I bought one new online and it too, ended up really not being any good. It never swung very far or fast, and then it would stop swinging after a minute or two, right as she was falling asleep or getting calm. I contacted the company and they are letting me return it. Fortunately, I finally found one for very cheap on craigslist and picked it up today. It is very much like the one we had when Vinny was a baby, so I'm happy.

Well, my turn to calm the cranky baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment