The Author

My photo
I am a high school English teacher, and mother of two charming little ones of my own. I teach in a high poverty urban charter school, while I live in a typical American suburb that has frequently been rated one of the safest cities in the country. It is a paradox I struggle with constantly, but it is my life.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

And it all seemed to be getting better...

After being seriously grounded, Vinny's behavior improved significantly last week. I was so pleased. We gave him back his cd player and let him watch a little tv. We kept many of the toys that we took away, planning on giving them back little by little as he continued to behave. Looks like they'll be living in the closet a while longer... probably along with the cd player.

He bit a kid today. I was horrified. He couldn't explain why, and neither could the victim. What is going on with my child? He got in trouble yesterday for spitting at someone and promised us up and down that today he would behave. He seemed so sincere, and I believe he was. It is like he has somehow lost control. Ugh.

And to make matters worse, Tiana is sick. I write this from the waiting room of an urgent care office that is packed with people. Dinner is not appearing near upon the horizon of this evening. Poor thing is miserable. She woke up from her afternoon nap at school with a runny nose and a fever of 102.7. Boo.  She is moaning and panting in my arms. The worst worst thing about being a mom is when they get sick.

My students have a major assignment due this week and I really need to be there tomorrow, but I don't foresee that happening.  I am teaching my favorite lesson about music censorship to the honors class tomorrow too. Not sure how to rearrange it if I can't be there.

Why is life so hard?


No comments:

Post a Comment