The Author

My photo
I am a high school English teacher, and mother of two charming little ones of my own. I teach in a high poverty urban charter school, while I live in a typical American suburb that has frequently been rated one of the safest cities in the country. It is a paradox I struggle with constantly, but it is my life.

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Copy T

Tiana is so funny lately in her complete and utter desire to copy everything Vinny does. Shopping is a problem because she won't sit in the cart unless Vinny does. At the beach today, she just wanted to copy him. They spent like half an hour just laying in the sand together.  Oh my. Perhaps this might be a good time to potty train?  Except his plumbing is a whole lot different.

I am really having a difficult time with my quest to lose weight this summer. I promised myself that I would work out every day, and that I would not eat diet food. Diet food does not really help a person diet. I want to develop a healthy lifestyle, not a diet lifestyle to lose a few pounds. Because I want it to be something I can manage long-term, I promised myself that I would have to do this without feeling deprived. So, I have been trying to eat like normal but just make better choices, and I have felt genuinely better about the choices I've made, but as I have been tracking my calories, I am disgusted with how many calories I consume a day.  I'm never going to lose any weight.

Unless I decide to really stop eating or unless I become a crazy fitness nut. I don't like either option.



No comments:

Post a Comment