The Author

My photo
I am a high school English teacher, and mother of two charming little ones of my own. I teach in a high poverty urban charter school, while I live in a typical American suburb that has frequently been rated one of the safest cities in the country. It is a paradox I struggle with constantly, but it is my life.

Monday, March 21, 2011

I'm having a "Jesus Come Back Now" kind of day...

This morning, the sky looked so beautiful that I took a picture of it while I was driving. (Yes, I know, totally dangerous). I am pretty sure that is what heaven will look like.

My day has gone downhill from there. Teaching the Holocaust is hard. I am emotional. It is hard not to be. I feel like I am pregnant again I am so emotional (no, I am not pregnant, just saying). I just sat in my department chair's room crying because my advisory kids talked during a video about the destruction in Japan, my English students made a mess of the art supplies, and someone stole some of my markers. Silly stuff, I know. I am just emotional.

My college adviser in my curriculum program told me there would be days I would want to apply at Bank of America. Today is one of those days. I don't know how long I can do this.... but I don't know that I could handle not doing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment