The Author

My photo
I am a high school English teacher, and mother of two charming little ones of my own. I teach in a high poverty urban charter school, while I live in a typical American suburb that has frequently been rated one of the safest cities in the country. It is a paradox I struggle with constantly, but it is my life.

Saturday, February 20, 2010

The GREAT Man Behind this Woman

We hear so much in society about that there is a great woman behind every man, and, well, admit it, it is usually true, but today's entry is about the great man who stands behind me.

It has been a long week (always is when there is a project due). It was one of those weeks where I run purely on caffeine and determination, staying up until the wee hours reading papers, and crashing by the end of the week. I also am not feeling very well. My allergies/asthma are bothering me, and some other stuff as well, nothing big, just feeling under the weather. Or, I suppose, given the fact that this is somewhat weather-induced yuckiness, perhaps I should say I am just feeling the weather.

Anyhow, so last night, I accidentally fell asleep with Vinny while reading him a story at 9pm. I was tired from a very long week of late nights. This morning, I resisted the beautiful sunshine (knowing that it is post-rain and would be full of things guaranteed to make my eyes watery and my nose itch), and did my taxes at the kitchen table, a daunting, yet rewarding task (we are getting money back... yea!), and then dealt with two different contractors from our home warranty company (they didn't believe the first one, I guess) coming to assess our need for a new water heater (very needed). After lunch with the in-laws, I came home just pooped.

Anyhow, I said this was about my wonderful husband, and it is. After lunch, I decided to nap with Vinny. During college, afternoon naps were a regular part of my routine, but they haven't been in a long time, so this was out of the ordinary. While I was napping, wonderful husband decided to finish our dresser project. We've been refinishing this beautifully expensive, heavy, quality dresser that we got for a great deal but needed updating. It was an amazingly longer project than I anticipated. I had hoped to finish it while I was on break in January, but I don't have very strong wrists, and sanding takes a lot out of me, so it didn't get done and then I got busy with school. Marc has done so much on it though, that it was almost done last weekend. Today, Marc finished the final coat of paint and it looks BEAUTIFUL! Seriously, professional! I can't wait to put it in my bedroom.

Now, I am lounging in my jammies while Marc picks up Palermos and Red Box. I have a wonderful man.

No comments:

Post a Comment