The Author

My photo
I am a high school English teacher, and mother of two charming little ones of my own. I teach in a high poverty urban charter school, while I live in a typical American suburb that has frequently been rated one of the safest cities in the country. It is a paradox I struggle with constantly, but it is my life.

Monday, April 19, 2010

Out of Control

10 Things in My Life that are Currently Out of Control

1. My Laundry.
The pile waiting to be folded and put away is taller than me.

2. My Papers and School Paper Work.

It just seems like they never stop coming. I am so behind on things, it is not even funny. I am almost terrified of the repercussions of what is going to happen if I don't get some of these things done... like, yesterday.

3. My Emotions
Seriously... I really feel like I could cry non-stop.

4. My Need for Caffeine.
I admit it. I am a terrible pregnant woman. It is what I crave most.

5. My Desire for a Vacation
I want a vacation like a crackhead wants crack.

6. My Passion for Sour Candy
Especially Rips. Yum.

7. My Waistline.
I am only 18 weeks. Can someone please tell me stomach that my maternity pants are not supposed to fit yet?

8. My Bladder.
This is so much more than any of you wanted to know... but I actually begged my boss for a key to a closer bathroom. He delivered.

9. Apparently, my child.
He got a naught at school Friday for not listening 3 separate times. My child is NOT that child. What is going on here?

10. My lack of energy.
I feel like my internal fuel tank hits empty every night at like 9:30. WTH? This used to be just the beginning. This would explain why everything else is out of control. I have no energy to get anything done.

No comments:

Post a Comment