The Author

My photo
I am a high school English teacher, and mother of two charming little ones of my own. I teach in a high poverty urban charter school, while I live in a typical American suburb that has frequently been rated one of the safest cities in the country. It is a paradox I struggle with constantly, but it is my life.

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Wow... tired.

It is tech week for Beauty and the Beast. It has been great fun and greatly exhausting all at the same time. Things are really starting to come together, which makes me so, so, so very happy. The students are actually microphoned as of today, which is making me very, very happy. Thanks to my amazing student technical director Steven, we actually pretty much have most of the feedback weirdness issues worked out too. He makes me so proud. He even really sees the lighting as truly an art. He actually thinks about the artistic statement he makes with the lighting in each scene. This kid really, really should get an internship somewhere amazing this summer.

Anyhow... so today I had my classes, a student from CSUN came to observe my teaching, I had parent conferences (that were supposed to be until 6, but I only went for 30 minutes), and then tech rehearsal. I didn't leave until around 6:45. By the time I picked up Vinny from my parents, the poor kid was terribly ready to go. He grabbed my hand before I even made it through the entryway and said, "Hi, Mommy. Let's go." Ugh... I felt bad, but I desperately needed to eat first. I quickly ate and then we took off. I'd love to say we were headed home, but we weren't. We were headed shoppping for all those last minute props and things that I realized today during tech rehearsal were still missing. Bleh... the worst part is, our budget is like frighteningly low. We have to fundraise every penny I spend. I have so much stuff on credit and so little money coming in right now. We freaking better sell some more tickets soon.

So... by the time we got home from all the shopping at 9:00, Vinny still wanted to take a bath and I didn't even get him into bed until like 9:30. I felt so bad. Plus, I feel SO TIRED. Even my tech director today was like, "Mrs. Mohr, you need a break." No kidding. I can't wait for this cruise this weekend. CAN'T WAIT. I really need this break.

One of my students actually asked me today, "So, Mrs. Mohr, what show are we doing next?" Ha! I kind of laughed but sort of cried inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment