The Author

My photo
I am a high school English teacher, and mother of two charming little ones of my own. I teach in a high poverty urban charter school, while I live in a typical American suburb that has frequently been rated one of the safest cities in the country. It is a paradox I struggle with constantly, but it is my life.

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Odds and Ends

So, I went to the doctor today, and I didn't get the flu, my sinus infection just got really bad. I went to see my allergist, since it is most likely related to that. He has a terrible bedside manner, but he is a great doctor. He didn't even remember that he has seen me before for my allergies, but that's okay. He said that it probably got so bad since I haven't been using any decongestant, since it bothers Tiana. The one night I took it she screamed for like 2 hours straight. He gave me some allergy/decongestant spray that doesn't have counterproductive effects (like Afrin) and a much stronger antibiotic. Should get rid of it.

 Fortunately, my sister-in-law took Vinny to Magic Mountain today, and Marc got off a little early today to help me, which was really nice, since it is really hard to take care of a baby when you have a fever and feel crappy. Well... at least I am not contagious and the doctor said I should be better within a couple of days. I think I am starting to feel better already.

Mom got me a juicer for Christmas. I've been having lots of fun making fresh juices and homemade lemonade. My favorite. I found that making a simple syrup instead of just stirring in sugar made a huge difference in the consistency of taste throughout.

No comments:

Post a Comment