The Author

My photo
I am a high school English teacher, and mother of two charming little ones of my own. I teach in a high poverty urban charter school, while I live in a typical American suburb that has frequently been rated one of the safest cities in the country. It is a paradox I struggle with constantly, but it is my life.

Monday, December 20, 2010

Vinny-isms


Seriously, Vinny has said some pretty funny stuff today alone. If he's this cute every day, then I am really missing out while he's at school.

This morning:
"I have to get ready because my friends are coming over and if I don't get ready, then they will look at me and say, 'Oh my! He's in his pajamas!' so I have to get ready!"

 While out shopping:
"Mommy, is this town?" 
"Yes, Vinny, this is a town." 
"Yea! Then Santa Claus is coming HERE!" 
 
While putting away the groceries:
“Mommy, can you be Mary? And Daddy’ll be Joseph? And Tiana will be Jesus?”
“Who will you be? A wise man?”
“No, I can’t be a wise man.”
“Why not?”
“Because wise men have curly hair.”
 
While waiting for his friends to come (an hour before they were scheduled to arrive):
“Are my friends still watching tv or what? Or are their moms just slow?”

No comments:

Post a Comment