The Author

My photo
I am a high school English teacher, and mother of two charming little ones of my own. I teach in a high poverty urban charter school, while I live in a typical American suburb that has frequently been rated one of the safest cities in the country. It is a paradox I struggle with constantly, but it is my life.

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Such a lucky mom... such a lucky kid

I am such a lucky mom. I love getting to be home with my son at the holidays. Yesterday, Tiana napped in the afternoon and Vinny sat at the kitchen table with me making playdough gingerbread men while I made ennchiladas for our Bible study potluck. It was so wonderful. We talked a lot. It is so neat that he is growing up and able to sit and carry on conversation with me. Yesterday, he said, "You know what? Christmas is not about Santa. Its not about presents. Its not about lights. Its not about reindeer. Its about Jesus. Its Jesus' birthday." He makes me so proud.

He is such a lucky kid too. He has all the relatives vying for his time and attention right now. My sister- and brother-in-law took him to spend the night last night and they took him to a "Back to Bethlehem" thing at a local church. He must have just loved it. 


Then today, my mom wants to take him to see the Yogi Bear movie, and tonight he is going to eat crab with my mother-in-law.  I swear, he's got a busier social calendar than I do. What a lucky kid.

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment