The Author

My photo
I am a high school English teacher, and mother of two charming little ones of my own. I teach in a high poverty urban charter school, while I live in a typical American suburb that has frequently been rated one of the safest cities in the country. It is a paradox I struggle with constantly, but it is my life.

Monday, December 6, 2010

This is so hard....

My days have NO breathing time in them at all. I am moving, acting, thinking, doing, supervising 24/7. I fit like 6 pumping sessions into my day at work today to try to up my milk supply, since it seems to be slowly dwindling now that she's not nursing constantly and I'm just pumping, but I still got less than I did last week. Frustrating. I am going to drink Mothers Milk tea all day tomorrow. It is really, really, really hard to exclusively breastfeed when you are working 13 hour days with no real breaks.

My lesson plan for tomorrow is to review for the student's benchmark exam. They are only 38 minute periods, but I don't really know what we will be doing yet and its in less than 12 hours. I feel like I just got home and its back to work.

Rehearsal today went really well, but selling tickets for this show at Christmas time has been a challenge. I hope we have a good turnout. We need high ticket sales. I spent $100 providing dinner for the kids tonight and $50 to replace a  lapel mic that broke (including the overnight shipping), and right now, that's all just on my credit card in anticipation of ticket sales.

Here's hoping.

No comments:

Post a Comment