The Author

My photo
I am a high school English teacher, and mother of two charming little ones of my own. I teach in a high poverty urban charter school, while I live in a typical American suburb that has frequently been rated one of the safest cities in the country. It is a paradox I struggle with constantly, but it is my life.

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Fall is here. Around here, Fall kicks off with the town fair. This year, Vinny and Marc were in the parade for the first time. It was adorable. :-) Later that weekend, we took the kids to the carnival with my mom. It was fun and reminded me of when I was a kid. We used to go every year. I remember the little roller coaster feeling so big and exciting. 



This fall, Vinny is also playing soccer for the first time. He is really enjoying it, even if all they do is chase the ball around in large groups. Vinny is a bit timid. I think he is trying to wait for his turn and doesn't want to steal it. He was never very aggressive.
#3... My little sweetie    :-)

So, this weekend, we went to Vinny's game, and then we headed out to my grandparent's house to make a tradition of apple picking. We went for the first time last year when Vinny was studying apples in school. Tiana was just a few weeks old. I am proud to say that my kids will grow up knowing where apples come from not from seeing apple trees in pictures, but from picking apples off the trees. I think there is something beautiful about that.  If you are ever feel like taking a road trip, Knaus Apple Ranch in Tehachapi is a cute little family farm. $1.00 per pound and an adorable little gift shop with amazing prices.
Me and My Papa 

Last year, she was just a bundle on my chest.




No comments:

Post a Comment