The Author

My photo
I am a high school English teacher, and mother of two charming little ones of my own. I teach in a high poverty urban charter school, while I live in a typical American suburb that has frequently been rated one of the safest cities in the country. It is a paradox I struggle with constantly, but it is my life.

Monday, February 28, 2011

Joy

Lately, I have been really good about complaining. It is easy. There is a lot to complain about. Every day, in fact, it seems there is something new I could complain about.


But I need to stop.

I don't like complainer me. I like joyful me. I like the person I am when I am assuming the best of people, not picking out their flaws. I like the person I am when I am encouraging others, not complaining to them about everything. I really need to find that person again.

No comments:

Post a Comment