The Author

My photo
I am a high school English teacher, and mother of two charming little ones of my own. I teach in a high poverty urban charter school, while I live in a typical American suburb that has frequently been rated one of the safest cities in the country. It is a paradox I struggle with constantly, but it is my life.

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

I feel like ranting...

Right now... I feel like ranting. I had a bad day out running errands and it makes me want to scream. I am going to virtually scream by ranting on my blog. I'm sorry to those of you who still read my blog.

Things that bug the crap out of me:

  • Strangers in public giving me stupid unsolicited advice like "Did you know they make rubber toys to help with teething?"  
  • Strangers talking to my kids and doing stupid crap. Like the annoying, smelly, possibly high, guy in the T-mobile store who felt it necessary to make goo goo ga ga noises three inches from my daughter's face. She speaks English, not nonsense, and back the hell away dude, you are too close! 
  • Strangers shouting orders at my children in the store. Like the stupid woman in Fresh 'n Easy who thought it was funny to keep shouting "Go to sleep!" at my crying daughter in the cart as she walked past. Yeah, she's freaking crying. She's sitting up in a metal cart, it is almost dinner, and she's hungry. What makes you think she is going to be going to sleep?  And who the hell do you think you are barking orders at her anyway? 
  • That Fresh N Easy doesn't take manufacturer coupons. What the heck?  Doesn't every store accept coupons? You are a stupid store. 
  • That Fresh N Easy makes you scan all of your own groceries, bag them, and then the stupid thing gets all screwed up all easily and stuck. 
  • Stupid people who don't give a flying you-know-what about other people and smoke cheap stinky cigars next to children (or ANYONE for that matter) during fireworks shows. Seriously? 
  • The fact that I STILL have a toilet and sink sitting in my bathroom after two weeks. Really?  I want my freaking bathtub back. 
  • On that note, the fact that we started our bathroom remodel in April and it is July, and it is STILL not done, despite the fact that we are paying people for all of it, not doing any of it ourselves. What the hell? How could this possibly all be taking so long? 
  • That my baby cannot keep her hands off things in other people's mouths. 
Okay... done with everything that I can post online anyway. I feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment