The Author

My photo
I am a high school English teacher, and mother of two charming little ones of my own. I teach in a high poverty urban charter school, while I live in a typical American suburb that has frequently been rated one of the safest cities in the country. It is a paradox I struggle with constantly, but it is my life.

Sunday, July 24, 2011

I needed this


I needed this.
There is no feeling quite so wonderful as lounging solo by a beautiful pool found refreshingly free from hipsters or other painfully fake folk, no feeling quite so rejuvenating as reading a nonacademic memoir authored by a joyfully educated and entertaining narrator, no feeling quite so wonderful as reading away the morning poolside with nothing else to do but peacefully recover from a night spent gleefully covering a mile or so of bright lights and sights and people watching til 3am.
Yup. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment