The Author

My photo
I am a high school English teacher, and mother of two charming little ones of my own. I teach in a high poverty urban charter school, while I live in a typical American suburb that has frequently been rated one of the safest cities in the country. It is a paradox I struggle with constantly, but it is my life.

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Rough Week

I still love my glass classroom, but I have encountered another problem with working in a glass house in Pacoima....
"Class... please focus up here on the lesson I am teaching, not on the person on the ground out front being tackled by the cops and handcuffed."

Yeah... at least it was my honors class, and they are a little easier to manage than my other classes. I love them a lot.

I taught an awesome lesson today, adapted from Erin Gruwell's sandwich lesson. Since it was block period day, that means I am doing it again tomorrow. I am excited, since it went so very well, but exhausted, and it is a go-go-go, kind of day. I ran around like a crazy person trying to get everything done. Plus, I had the sandwiches made the night before, but I just don't have the energy to do it tonight, so I am going to have to do it early in the morning. Now let's just hope I can actually get up.

No comments:

Post a Comment