The Author

My photo
I am a high school English teacher, and mother of two charming little ones of my own. I teach in a high poverty urban charter school, while I live in a typical American suburb that has frequently been rated one of the safest cities in the country. It is a paradox I struggle with constantly, but it is my life.

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Perfect Weekend

This weekend was a mix of everything good. We slept in late Saturday morning, ate lunch a one of my favorite places (Panera), Marc took the kids to the park while I got a pedicure, then I spent a peaceful afternoon with Tiana at home while Marc and Vinny saw MegaMind. I had wanted to see it too, but it was nice for them to get out together, and I actually enjoyed the peaceful afternoon just the two of us. Then, I headed out to dinner with my mommy friends while Marc ordered take out and spent time with the kids. After dinner, I hooked up with my bestest friend Monique and we spent some time gallivanting happily around town. It was a wonderful day.

Today was a nice morning with a much needed extra hour of sleep and then a fantastic day at church with a really good sermon, "Real Housewives of Ventura County." It has had me thinking all day about what I want to talk about in regards to it with the college group on Sunday night. So far... my thoughts are "Mirrors and Magnifying Glasses."  Are you intrigued? Well, if you are, and you are in the young adult/college age range...  come!

After church, Vinny and Tiana and I watched Enchanted together. I seriously love that movie. It may be one of my favorite Disney movies ever, in a possible three way tie with Princess and the Frog and The Little Mermaid. Especially the song, "That's How You Know" It is the best ever! I want to break into song walking down the street some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment