The Author

My photo
I am a high school English teacher, and mother of two charming little ones of my own. I teach in a high poverty urban charter school, while I live in a typical American suburb that has frequently been rated one of the safest cities in the country. It is a paradox I struggle with constantly, but it is my life.

Monday, November 1, 2010

Trick or Treat

"Trick or treat, smell my feet, give me something good to eat."  Seriously... who taught my son that? I blame Daddy. All I know is, while running down one drive way last night, Vinny was yelling that. Ugh. The kids are learning the finer points of trick or treating though.    :-)
 It was an adorable night last night. Hannah and Vinny are so freaking cute. 



There was the incident where Vinny told someone to smell his feet, the times Hannah told the people she wants chocolate, or the time Hannah told the person, "I'm going to give all the lolipops to my grandma." Or even better, when Vinny reached in the woman's plastic cauldron to grab candy and it broke and fell on the ground. Oh my. Better yet, when the kids, I think both of them, told the woman who decided to give out quarters instead of candy, "We don't want your stinkin' quarters!"  Hahaha. We schooled the kids in appropriate behavior after each episode... and then cracked up as soon as they were out of range.

No comments:

Post a Comment