The Author

My photo
I am a high school English teacher, and mother of two charming little ones of my own. I teach in a high poverty urban charter school, while I live in a typical American suburb that has frequently been rated one of the safest cities in the country. It is a paradox I struggle with constantly, but it is my life.

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

I love my super smart kid

Seriously, my son is so smart. I know every mom says that, but really, he is abnormally smart. I got him a set of phonics flash cards. They say 5 and up on the box, but whatever, he gets it. He is so funny. We were going through the phonics cards tonight, and he did so well, but every now and then we'd get to one that he didn't know and he would say, "Mommy, I don't know ALL of them." He sure knew a lot though. He even knew that although "plate" starts with "P" it also has an "l," which he pointed out is "like lion." He says, "P like present, L like lion." Where does this kid come from? Then, when I squished a mosquito in the bathroom, he says, "Mosquito has an 'S' in it. It says, "Skeeto!"

Ah... my funny kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment