The Author

My photo
I am a high school English teacher, and mother of two charming little ones of my own. I teach in a high poverty urban charter school, while I live in a typical American suburb that has frequently been rated one of the safest cities in the country. It is a paradox I struggle with constantly, but it is my life.

Monday, May 24, 2010

Not feeling this...

For some reason, the way our semester got planned out this time around, our 10 week report cards came slightly after 10 weeks, and there is not really 20 weeks in the semester this time because of Spring break and other things, and so now, like 3 weeks after 10 week grades, my 15 week grades are due, and I am just not feeling it, especially since I know it is only like 3 more weeks until final grades are due.

I have barely had anything due, so my grades have not changed significantly. I do, however, have a ton of make-up work that students have turned in to grade. I have been chugging along with it for the past week or so, but pushed it a lot of it off, and now I have to get it all done tonight. I really do owe it to them though, if they worked hard to make this stuff up.

Bleh... I am so tired. I really want to finishn my curriculum map for next year too, but grades first.

No comments:

Post a Comment