The Author

My photo
I am a high school English teacher, and mother of two charming little ones of my own. I teach in a high poverty urban charter school, while I live in a typical American suburb that has frequently been rated one of the safest cities in the country. It is a paradox I struggle with constantly, but it is my life.

Monday, May 24, 2010

This is so funny....

... I can't help but blog about it. Vinny has figured out how to look through pictures on facebook. Because Marc works with Vinny's school, he is friends with Vinny's preschool teacher on facebook. Vinny has been flipping through pictures of his recent class field trips to the farm and the zoo. Listening to him is so funny.

This kid certainly has no self-esteem problems. As much as he is rejoicing calling out the names of his friends and showing me all of the fun stuff that they did, he gets even more excited when he sees pictures of himself. He cheers and raises his hands above his head in like a victory motion and shouts, "Me! Me! It is me!"  Although possibly my favorite moment so far has been, "Mommy, look! Do you see the picture of Lauren? Do you see her cute face? Isn't she cute?"  Now, me, having fun and knowing that his friend Zoe has a crush on him, I ask, "Oh, my, who is cuter- Zoe or Lauren?"  Vinny's response, "Um.... Me! I am the cutest."

Uh, yeah, I am raising a little rock star... ego and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment