The Author

My photo
I am a high school English teacher, and mother of two charming little ones of my own. I teach in a high poverty urban charter school, while I live in a typical American suburb that has frequently been rated one of the safest cities in the country. It is a paradox I struggle with constantly, but it is my life.

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Home from DC

It was a good trip, but I am actually really, really glad to be home from DC. Did some good thinking about my curriculum next year and about focusing on priorities for the year, which is much more easily done in July for some reason than in the middle of the year with all the stresses of daily teaching pressing down.

I have the best husband. Not only did he pick me up from the airport, he looked up my flight number, noticed that the time it was coming in was earlier than I gave him, watched the flight progress online, realized it was going to be early, and left in time to be there when I got there. Plus, he gets extra brownie points for finding a super close parking spot, meeting me at baggage claim, and having my favorite candy in the car for the drive home.

He also is just the super bestest daddy ever. I am so lucky to have a husband who is such a great partner as a parent. Some moms get anxious about leaving their children with daddy, but Marc is just so fantastic. Friday night, he took Vinny with him on a trip to a Dodger game that he was being the bus driver for. Vinny loved getting to be daddy's co-pilot in the front seat of the bus, and getting to hang out with the "big kids" on the trip. On Saturday, Marc took Vinny for a special daddy-vinny trip to Hurricane Harbor and Magic Mountain. He spent the whole day just doing fun Vinny stuff. Today, Vinny wanted to tell me all about floating on the lazy river, going down water slides and splashing, and seeing riding the Percy the train at Magic Mountain. Monday, Marc took Vinny to work with him and Vinny got to hang out with Marc's students at CityWalk. Daddy bought him a new toy and Vinny had a lot of fun. Then, he got Vinny a haircut so he is not Mr. Shaggy Boy anymore.

See.... isn't he a great dad?

No comments:

Post a Comment