The Author

My photo
I am a high school English teacher, and mother of two charming little ones of my own. I teach in a high poverty urban charter school, while I live in a typical American suburb that has frequently been rated one of the safest cities in the country. It is a paradox I struggle with constantly, but it is my life.

Saturday, July 31, 2010

My Amazing Family


Today was Vinny's much anticipated 4th birthday party. It was a "Splish Splash Pirate Party." Vinny wanted a pirate party and a water party, so we borrowed an inflatable water slide, bought pirate decorations, and made a pirate cake (which Vinny picked out).


Vinny had fun every single minute, including several hours before and after. It was everything he wanted for his birthday, and being able to give your child everything he wants is the best feeling in the whole world.


I would never have been able to do it without my awesome husband and family. He is amazing. I had to work this morning, and he did so much to get ready for the party. It didn't help that at work today I hurt my back. I don't even know really what I did; I just went to lean back and leaned kind of funny and then realized my back really hurt and it sort of never went away, but only hurt in certain positions. It got progressively worse throughout the day, but Marc pretty much managed everything on his own, and then tonight, when I thought I was going to die in pain when I realized I couldn't even lie down, he rushed out and bought me a heating pad in a last ditch effort at easing the pain. What do you know... it worked. I don't feel great, but I do feel much better. Enough to lie down at least, so I will get to go to bed in a few minutes here. :-)

I have the best family. I can't believe my little man is 4.

1 comment:

  1. It's probably end of pregnancy issues that caused your back to go out. Or you could be having muscle spasms? It sucks cause you can't do much about it except for Tylenol and heating pads. I used icy hot religiously when I threw out mine around 20 weeks. We had tons of fun today! It was a great party!

    ReplyDelete