The Author

My photo
I am a high school English teacher, and mother of two charming little ones of my own. I teach in a high poverty urban charter school, while I live in a typical American suburb that has frequently been rated one of the safest cities in the country. It is a paradox I struggle with constantly, but it is my life.

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

My son is obsessed with Disneyland...

Vinny talks about Disneyland on almost a daily basis. This probably has a lot to do with the fact that at almost 4 years old, he has probably been do Disneyland 50 times. (I am not even kidding- we had an annual pass for a year and went often). This summer, when we discussed fun things to do together, Vinny brought up that he wants to go to Disneyland with me, several times in fact. I have explained to him that Disneyland is too expensive, and we can't go this summer. Now, when I ask him, "What do you want to do today?" he often responds, "Well, Disneyland costs too much money. Let's go to the park."

Here is the very funny part. While he does understand that Tiana will be too little to go to Disneyland right away, he has started making a list of things that we are going to take Tiana on when she is old enough to go. Today he told me, "Mommy, when Tiana is bigger, we will take her on Dumbo, and Peter Pan, and Alice in Wonderland... but not the Matterhorn. You can hold her and she can watch me and Daddy go on Matterhorn."

Oh boy... he is already planning Tiana's first trip to Disneyland.

Right now, he is in his room creating a pretend Disneyland out of his toys. He has shut his door and told me I can't see it until it is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment