The Author

My photo
I am a high school English teacher, and mother of two charming little ones of my own. I teach in a high poverty urban charter school, while I live in a typical American suburb that has frequently been rated one of the safest cities in the country. It is a paradox I struggle with constantly, but it is my life.

Monday, May 30, 2011

Summer Adventures

I had a wonderful time with Vinny (and Tiana, but she didn't do much, obviously) at the Natural History Museum yesterday, and it got Vinny that much more excited for this summer.
He is so excited to go to fun places- he practically has a calendar all mapped out. Okay, I'm exaggerating, but he does have a mental list he likes to rattle off any time he talks about upcoming summer.

I personally am excited to go to some places I haven't been before. I had not been to the Natural History Museum, and it was fun. I sort of wished I had time to explore it without a preschooler who didn't want to take the time to read anything at all, but it was a nice run-through (literally, RUN through), and it got me thinking about other cool things I have been "meaning" to do that I want to actually try to do this summer.

Here are some of them.... suggestions, please?

  • Zimmer Children's Museum
  • Noah's Ark at the Skirball
  • Kidspace Museum
  • Take the train to Olvera Street and China Town
  • La Brea Tarpits
  • Crystal Cove Beach 

No comments:

Post a Comment