The Author

My photo
I am a high school English teacher, and mother of two charming little ones of my own. I teach in a high poverty urban charter school, while I live in a typical American suburb that has frequently been rated one of the safest cities in the country. It is a paradox I struggle with constantly, but it is my life.

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Broadway!!!

I am planning a trip to Broadway for my drama students. I am very excited about it. I am doing it without a travel agent, which means group travel planning all by myself. At first, it sounded stressful and like a lot of work, but now, I am really enjoying it. I have to admit I am kind of getting a rush out of searching for the best rates on airfare and hotels and finding great group tickets for shows and picking out the best group meal deals at exciting restaurants. The restaurants has been the newest exciting part. I am torn between choosing unique atmosphere (like Mars 2112, a scifi themed restaurant that looks like you have landed on Mars or John's pizzeria which is located inside an old cathedral) or trying to go international, like Parisian style cafes and stuff like that. Either way.... I am having fun planning it.

The only part that is difficult is fundraising. I want all of the students who have signed up to be able to go, but as our school grows, we grow in groups that want to fundraise, and we are limited in the amount of money we can raise on campus. Plus, I cannot make ALL of the money we fundraise in drama in general go to the trip, or I will have no funds to be able to take them to see plays here in L.A. or to fund the Spring Musical (which is honestly going to cost around $2,000).

I have a lot of creative ideas I would like to explore, but sponsorships are the easiest and most helpful.

If you would like to sponsor a student, consider giving online.

Thank you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment