The Author

My photo
I am a high school English teacher, and mother of two charming little ones of my own. I teach in a high poverty urban charter school, while I live in a typical American suburb that has frequently been rated one of the safest cities in the country. It is a paradox I struggle with constantly, but it is my life.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Forcing myself back to reality....

I love summer break. I have loved spending every second with my son. I have loved not grading papers or thinking about papers or school. But... reality is... I'm not the typical teacher (because apparently I am never the typical anything), and I have more responsibilities, which extend beyond the school year. They are responsibilities I took gladly and enjoy very much, but they are work nonetheless. I am part of a curriculum development team for our network of schools, and I signed a contract to write up two units for possibly being piloted in this next year. They are due on June 28th. In addition, I am part of a scoring team for the same thing, and I have to score a bunch of work that I and another teacher piloted this year. I believe it is also due then, so I really, really, really need to get it done.

I opened the first file today and started trying to get it done. I am just not in the right state of mind for this and cannot seem to get myself going with it. I am going to have to try to dedicate a certain amount of time tomorrow and Friday to get it done.  Ever want something to be done so badly, but want just as badly not to have to do it? Yeah, that is how I feel right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment