The Author

My photo
I am a high school English teacher, and mother of two charming little ones of my own. I teach in a high poverty urban charter school, while I live in a typical American suburb that has frequently been rated one of the safest cities in the country. It is a paradox I struggle with constantly, but it is my life.

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Wonderings

I'd like to say I made progress today. My house is much less of a disaster than it was this morning. I have been slowly wading my way through the process of cleaning out the garage this week, and it is really starting to look better. The massive pile of random sheets, blankets, towels, and clothes that had accumulated near the washing machine is (6 loads later) completely gone and mostly put away. My grandmother is in town from AZ this weekend, and she hasn't been for a visit since we bought the house, so I would like her to see it, but I really, really want to get it cleaned up first. It isn't really that bad, but a week of being at home with Vinny, on top of the crazy organizing I am trying to do, has taken its toll on the house.

Vinny was a great boy today. I needed a good day,so that was lucky.

Is it sad that I am looking forward to nothing more than going to the Farmers Market in Calabasas on Saturday?  It is my favorite part of the summer, and I have had such busy Saturdays this year until this point that I haven't been able to go even once so far. I am really, really, really looking forward to it. I hope the salsa guy is there.

No comments:

Post a Comment