The Author

My photo
I am a high school English teacher, and mother of two charming little ones of my own. I teach in a high poverty urban charter school, while I live in a typical American suburb that has frequently been rated one of the safest cities in the country. It is a paradox I struggle with constantly, but it is my life.

Friday, September 24, 2010

I am so blessed

#1) We are blessed to be part of a supportive Christian body.

Even though we have switched churches a few times in our marriage (part of being married to a minister), we have always been able to be part of supportive church bodies, and that has made such a difference in our lives. Especially at times like this. This past week, church members have been delivering meals to us, which has been a great help, and that is very helpful. :-)

#2) I am blessed to have a great job with great co-workers.

Not all people love their jobs, and I am fortunate to really love what I do. Even more than that, I really like the people I work with, and apparently, they like me, because they threw me the sweetest shower at lunch the week before I left on maternity leave. They chipped in to buy me the chair I wanted, and I love having it. When I am sitting in it, I feel loved.

#3) I have a great group of mom friends, and my son has a great group of long-term friends to create memories with.

We went to the play date/anniversary party yesterday (yes, we actually stayed out for a few hours) and it was wonderful. One of the moms was so much better prepared than the rest of us and brought a bunch of treats. The kids had so much fun and enjoyed it so much. Vinny proudly got to show off his baby sister, which he enjoyed very much. Then they found this hole in the bushes and they all played in the bushes for hours. They got covered in dirt. With little boys, this is always a good thing. :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment