The Author

My photo
I am a high school English teacher, and mother of two charming little ones of my own. I teach in a high poverty urban charter school, while I live in a typical American suburb that has frequently been rated one of the safest cities in the country. It is a paradox I struggle with constantly, but it is my life.

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Losing it...

Okay, I officially have pregnancy brain. This morning, a service learner brought me the roster for detention to remind me I had detention duty today. By the time the bell rang 10 minutes later, I forgot I had detention duty. Not even kidding.

After school, one of my co-workers called while I was in the middle of something at rehearsal, and I told her I would call her back in a few, but I totally forgot until rehearsal was totally over and then it was too late. Oops.

This weekend, I got a card in the mail from one of my out-of-town relatives with a check for me to buy something for the baby. I was very excited about shopping for me few leftover needs, especially since I got this great "registry leftovers" discount coupon from Babies R Us, but tonight, I can't find the card or check for the life of me. I looked all over for it. I can't find it anywhere. I would normally never forget something like this.

I got an idea for something to help a teacher friend and went looking for a pack of DVD-Rs around my house that I remembered seeing a while ago, but they weren't in a logical place, and I couldn't remember for the life of me where I saw them.

I am probably making it sound like my house is a disaster, but that's the thing- it's not. I have totally nested like crazy lately, so it is actually really tidy. I am just losing it, I guess. Oh wonderful baby girl...come soon so mommy can have her brain back.

































Photo by J.Costea

No comments:

Post a Comment