The Author

My photo
I am a high school English teacher, and mother of two charming little ones of my own. I teach in a high poverty urban charter school, while I live in a typical American suburb that has frequently been rated one of the safest cities in the country. It is a paradox I struggle with constantly, but it is my life.

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Love is...

In reflecting on the past month's events...

Love is...
  • The best friend who buys every purple onesie at Wal-mart and even the purple socks that I never actually mentioned wanting, but was just wishing I had. 
  • The sister who took my bloody nightgown home from the hospital to wash. 
  • The dad who brought it back clean the next day, along with lunch from my favorite take-out place, and 6 containers of my favorite salsa from their salsa bar. 
  • The mom who rushed me to the E.R. in the middle of the night, just because I was worried, and didn't seem annoyed when the doctor said, "Well, everything's normal." 
  • The husband who gets up to change diapers every night in the middle of night, so all I have to do is feed. 
  • The mom who knew my husband would be overwhelmed on his first evening alone with the kids, and showed up to help with bath time. 
  • The cousins who somehow knew, remembered, and purchased three special items on my baby registry that I really wanted but didn't get.
  • The best friend who showed up with presents for my 4-year old and not the baby, just at the right moment.
  • The 7 people from church who fed my family for 2 weeks, even though they mostly didn't even know us. 

I am truly loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment